Honey has a lot of beneficial properties and we often reach for it when we start to get cold. That glass of hot milk with honey that works miracles is not the only thing we can use it for. Honey as an ingredient is a great ally in the preparation of all kinds of sweets. We love the game it gives and we want to show you our best sweet recipes with The Nature Queen honey.
Cookies, cakes, energy bars, rolls,... we have selected 3 to tell you, with hairs and needles, how to make them at home. However, we have many more sweet recipes with honey and you will find them at the end of the post. With so much ammunition, all you have to do is get out that jar of honey you have in your pantry and get going right now. Which one are you going to start with?
Crunchy fine honey biscuits
- Ingredients for 15 units: 70 g of The Nature Queen honey, 90 g of butter, 80 g of pastry flour and 50 g of brown sugar.
- Elaboration: Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare one or two trays with parchment paper. Place The Nature Queen honey with the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat and cook, stirring gently, until everything melts together. When a homogeneous mixture is obtained, add the flour and continue stirring to integrate it well. If there are lumps, it's easier using a few rods. Distribute the dough in the trays depositing not very large spoonful’s, and leaving several centimeters of separation between them. Bake until edges are browned, about 5 minutes. Let cool on a rack. If you don't want to risk them being a mass of mutant cookies, bake a small unit on its own first to see how it performs and how long it takes. It is a very basic dough that can give different results depending on the type of ingredients and the oven.
Apple and honey tart
- Ingredients for four people: 1 sheet of rectangular puff pastry, 2 apples, 50 g of strawberry or raspberry jam, 30 g of The Nature Queen honey and 15 g of sugar.
- Preparation: Spread the dough and cut it into two rectangles approximately 20 cm long. Place them on a greased or nonstick-lined baking tray. Peel the apples and cut them into thin segments about 3 millimeters thick. We spread the jam evenly over each rectangle of dough and arrange the apple segments on top of the jam. Pour The Nature Queen honey over the apples and sprinkle with the sugar. Finally we place in a hot oven at 200ºC for approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
Honey and walnut ice cream
- Ingredients for four people: 250 ml of whole milk, 250 ml of cream, 100 ml of soft flower honey, vanilla and 50 g of shelled walnuts.
- Preparation: We heat the milk together with the cream and The Nature Queen honey over medium heat in a saucepan, and if we want a little vanilla to aromatize. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and let the mixture cool for a couple of hours in the fridge or 30 minutes in the freezer. From here, if we have an ice cream machine, we will make the ice cream in it, otherwise we will freeze the mixture and stir every so often, about half an hour, until it has the right consistency. When the ice cream is almost assembled, add the chopped nuts, mix and finish freezing.
Want to buy natural honey in UK? Visit our store today. We are sure that you will get the best and organic honey.